Saturday, July 21, 2007

Raspberry Wheat Germ Buttermilk Pancakes

Healthy! And yummy. I divide the batter in half and do raspberry in one bowl and blueberry in another because my kids are engaged in a Berry War.

2 beaten eggs
1/4 c oil
2 c buttermilk
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c wheat germ
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 c whole wheat flour
however many raspberries look like the right amount (sorry)

1. Mix eggs, oil, buttermilk.
2. Stir in baking soda, wheat germ, salt, and flour. Mix until smooth. Add berries.
3. On a lightly oiled griddle or skillet (we use the griddle, Rachel uses a skillet..pff) heated to med-high, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into ...circley type deals. Brown until bubble appear on top, flip and brown the other side. Like you do with pancakes.

1 comment:

Amesie said...

Wheeeeeeeeeee! Thank you. This was rather what I would do myself but I am glad to have some concrete words to "guide me". And don't worry...I understand "whatever looks right. That summarizes half my cooking...