Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Gnocchi n' cheese

I kind of just invented this recipe so there are no amounts of anything. I am not a big measurer either...I just do everything to taste

1 package of gnocchi, cooked to directions*
grape tomatoes, sliced in half
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
Crumbled cheese of your choice i.e. feta, goat cheese, blue cheese, etc.
A touch of shredded cheese, if desired
Milk and butter/margarine if necessary
Basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste. Fresh herbs are the best but dried is fine too!

*Or you could make them yourself! I've found several gnocchi recipes online. They seem to be quite easy to make, easier even than the other pastas I've done.

Cook gnocchi to package directions (basically, when they float, they're done!) Drain gnocchi and return to pan. Immediately mix in desired amount of crumbled cheese; the heat will cause the cheese to melt. If you desire a creamier consistency to your gnocchi n' cheese you may add some shredded cheese i.e. mozzarella, or put in a bit of butter/margarine or milk. Just keep going until it is the consistency you like. Then stir in garlic, tomato, and spices. This is SO good when it is all warm and gooey.

I will also sometimes add chicken to this dish, it's a good use for a leftover whole chicken.

1 comment:

Mee-ha said...

Ohhh myyyy godddd. This sounds insanely good. I think I will make this for dinner tonight!!