Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chicken mole w/tomatoes

I just realized that nearly all my recipes are Mexican/Latin American. Hey, I love cilantro and cumin!!! This one was cut out from some flyer I got at the health food store next door to my work. It's yummalicious.

1 T olive oil
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 1/2 C diced onion
2 t ground cumin
1 1/2 t chili powder
2 t cocoa powder
2 t ground cinnamon
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 t sea salt (I never have sea salt, I use regular...it's ok!)
1 1/2 t brown sugar
3 C cooked basmati/brown/whatever you want rice
2 limes, quartered, for garnish if you like
3 T chopped fresh cilantro for garnish, also if you like

Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over med-hi heat. Saute chicken and onion, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink. Add cumin, chili powder, cocoa, and cinnamon. Stir to coat chicken. Add tomatoes w/liquid, sea salt, and brown sugar. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 8-10 mins. Serve over rice of your choice, add lime and cilantro to garnish if you please.

No comments: