Monday, August 6, 2007

Chicken creation

This is what I made for dinner last night. Owing to the tomatoes and the olives in it I guess it's rather puttanesca-esque, but...I don't know. I just went with what I had.

3 or so chicken breasts, diced/cubed
maybe 6 mushrooms, sliced thin
about 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 med-large tomato, diced
Fresh snipped basil (I don't know how much, probably almost 1/4 cup? I had about ten leaves), chopped
1 cup of chicken broth
1 can olives, whatever size you like (I had small ones), chopped up
That Wildtree Herbs scampi mix I keep talking about...if you don't have that, you could use some garlic powder and some parsley, or some lemon pepper seasoning perhaps.
Pasta of your choice to serve over (whole wheat=yum!)

Put some olive oil in a saute pan, heat to medium. Saute garlic, onion, mushrooms, tomato, and basil until veggies are tender. Throw in the chicken and saute until it is no longer pink. Sprinkle some of the seasoning over the chicken while it is cooking. When chicken is no longer pink, add the broth as well as the chopped olives. Meanwhile start your pasta water. Bring the chicken mixture to a boil and then simmer on low until pasta is done. After pasta is drained add a bit of olive oil/butter/margarine and mix in a little seasoning. Serve chicken mixture over pasta.

No comments: