Saturday, June 23, 2007

Pizza dough, the bread machine version

1 C warm water
3/4 t salt
2 T olive or vegetable oil
3 C whole wheat flour *
2 t bread machine yeast
cornmeal (if desired)

*This recipe actually calls for white or bread flour. However, being the rebel I am, I tried 100% KA whole wheat and it worked out fine. I've tried various combos of whole wheat/white flour (sometimes 50/50, etc) and it always came out fine. Carlos prefers white so I make it that way these days but whatever you want to use is good. All I recommend if you use whole wheat is that you use King Arthur or something similar; it's much finer than Hodgson Mills brand which is very hard to rise.

Use 1-lb recipe if your brad machine holds 10 C or less of water. Add ingredients to the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer (I add them...in the order they are on the recipe!!!)

Put bread machine on dough cycle. When cycle is complete, remove douth to lightly floured surface. If necessary, knead in additional flour to make dough easy to handle.

Lightly oil the pizza pan(s), springkle with cornmeal. NOTE: This recipe makes enough for 1 regular-sized pizza pan. I sometimes double the recipe if Carlos wants his own pizza. Roll or press to fit into prepared pizza pan(s). Add toppings, bbake at 400 20-30 mins until done.

I have another dough recipe that is not for the bread machine. I just need to find it!

1 comment:

Mee-ha said...

Man, I want a bread machine soooo bad.