Friday, June 22, 2007

Gazpacho

I absolutely adore gazpacho. I got the following recipe about four years ago from the Stonyfield Farms website. It comes quite close to what I like my gazpacho to taste like. As a note, you can leave out the yogurt if you wish. I don't always like my gazpacho creamy and it does fine with or without the yogurt.

Ingredients:
1 14oz can tomatoes, skinned & diced
2 cups sliced cucumbers, seeded
1 roasted red pepper, whole, seeded
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup parsley, chopped, garnish
1 cup small diced cucumber, for garnish

Directions:Place all ingredients (except for cucumber and parsley for garnish) in a blender, puree on high until contents are well blended. Serve soup well chilled, and garnish with chopped parsley, diced cucumber and a dollop of plain yogurt.

1 comment:

Mee-ha said...

Ha, that is so weird, I was just saying that I'm in the mood for gazpacho.