Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Jen's mom's chocolate chip cookies

This recipe comes from my childhood best friend's mother. We made them all the time. I've kept the recipe since I was little. My mom uses it and I do too. I have the recipe memorized. Carlos loves these cookies and if I ever try a different chocolate chip cookie recipe he calls me on it! I hardly ever share this recipe.

1 C shortening (do NOT use butter or margarine)
3 eggs
2 t vanilla
1 C white sugar
1 C firmly packed brown sugar
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
2 C white flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 C chopped walnuts, if desired

Preaheat oven to 375. Cream shortening, eggs, sugar and vanilla in mixer until nearly white. (VERY IMPORTANT!!!) Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix on very low speed until blended then mix 1 minute on medium. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired. Drop in rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake ~ 10 mins or until cookies are golden brown.

No comments: