Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Kabobs & Etc. Summer Marinade

I use this really basic marinade for my tofu-vegetable kabobs, as well as for beef, lamb, or chicken kabobs when we have company over for barbeques. I think it would probably be great with any sort of meat that you're going to marinate for grilling. Everyone loves it.

1 c soy sauce
1/2 c worcestershire sauce
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs white vinegar
1/2 c packed light brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped

Combine ingredients and marinate meat, tofu and/or vegetables for several hours or overnight to prepare for grilling. (The longer the better.) While grilling, periodically brush excess marinade over meat/kabobs.

For my tofu veggie kabobs, I alternate cubes of extra firm tofu, zucchini, summer squash, green and red bell peppers, onion, and cherry tomatoes on bamboo skewers.

No comments: